The purpose of the Real Estate Foundation is to engage in real estate activities to financially benefit the College and to further the College’s mission.
Goals and Strategies
Goal 1: Develop the Suffolk property into a long-term income producer via an array of business arrangements and a mixture of business, educational, residential and recreational uses to achieve the best revenue generating and operational strategy possible.
- Strategy 1: Identify industries/development partners that make the best combined fit for the property.
- Strategy 2: Craft a Master Development plan to drive the re-development of the Suffolk property.
- Strategy 3: Support the College to continue to provide academic programming to support the mission of the college and serve the citizens in the adjacent areas.
Goal 2: Leverage the Foundation’s assets to acquire new properties or to expand existing facilities to further the College’s mission.
- Strategy 1: Develop a “Hospitality Center of Excellence” at the Virginia Beach Campus along with a state-of-the-art Center for Workforce Solutions building.
- Strategy 2: Raise funds through the Foundation to expand the Regional Automotive Center so the programs can be expanded to help increase College enrollment.
- Strategy 3: Use the Foundation’s assets to acquire space for a brand new state-of-the-art culinary education center at the Norfolk Campus.
Goal 3: Develop a program to receive gifts of real estate from individuals, business entities, trusts, etc. that provide financial benefit to the Foundation.
- Establish a public presence that advertises what the Foundation is and what the mission is to encourage donations to the Foundation.